Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Bake 52: Sweet Potato Pie

This week Talesha chose Sweet Potato Pie for her recipe. A great pick for Thanksgiving.

I never knew that sweet potatoes and yams are the same thing. I've never bought or eaten them before. Wait, I'm having a flashback of a college roommate making me try a sweet potato once . . . but it wasn't a pie, so it's bound to taste better this time, right?

Mine looks pretty, but we haven't tasted it yet since we thought we'd take it up to Philly with us for the big day. I'll let you know what it tasted like tomorrow.

Update: We tried the pie. We thought it was okay. A little bland. Couldn't compare with pumpkin. The crust was a little tough, which may be from overworking it, or it might just be a tougher dough. 

Happy Thanksgiving!
Find the recipe HERE.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Since you never knew that yams and sweet potatoes are the same thing, then it would be wise to keep that train of thought, because in all actuality , they are not the same thing.

Your pie turned out pretty! I hope we both get good reviews tomorrow!

Emily said...

Technically that may be true, but since the USDA labels sweet potatoes as yams, when you're buying them from the grocery store they're pretty much the same thing.

SydneyMin said...

Oooh, I'm excited!! Looking forward to seeing you guys in a bit :)