Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Bake 52: Pumpkin Spice Cheesecake

Nick was very excited to hear what this week's recipe was. Cheesecake is his favorite dessert. And he gets it all to himself in this house :) I'm not a cheesecake person, but it was nice to finally make one for him! 

For my first-ever cheesecake, I think it turned out pretty well. I did not have a roasting pan, so I just stuck it in the oven without it. Unfortunately, some liquid seeped out of the spring form pan and smoked for the rest of the baking since I couldn't get in there to clean it up with the cheesecake baking. Since I didn't do the water bath, the top probably cracked and fell and little more than it might have, but it seemed to work out okay without it. 

For the 45 min. it was supposed to be out of the oven but still in the water bath, I just turned the oven off and let it sit in there for about 20 minutes. 

Nick's answer when I asked how it was: "Well, it's cheesecake, and it's pumpkin. Together." I took that to mean it wasn't the best cheesecake he's ever eaten! When I asked him for more explanation he came up with a gem. "I like cheesecake, and I like pumpkin pie. With them together it's like the cheese dilutes the pumpkin, and the pumpkin dilutes the cheese. It's cheesecake, but it's not. Like Renesme - she's a vampire, but she's not." 

So there you have it, folks. Pumpkin Spice Cheesecake - Vampire style (or not)
Go to Amanda's blog for the recipe. She says it's better as second-day cheesecake :)

2 comments:

SydneyMin said...

lol I am sure it was delicious! And the name is STILL cuter than Renesme. What an UGLY name. :)

Amanda said...

I am still on the fence about if the water bath is worth it or not. I usually just end up doing the same thing you did and just put the darn thing in the oven. But since I was hosting this time, I felt like I should be a good example. Glad you guys kinda liked it. ;) It should freeze well!