Thursday, November 8, 2012

Bake 52: Red Velvet Layer Cake

I enjoy making layer cakes. Sometimes they turn out, and sometimes they don't. But when they do, it is very satisfying to see how pretty it is :)  I thought this cake turned out pretty well. The one thing I like about red velvet cake is the color of it. My color was a little pale because I didn't have regular food coloring, only the gel kind, so I wasn't sure how much to put in. The flavor of red velvet for me has always been 'eh'. 

This recipe came out with a great texture and a subtle flavor. I used the Vanilla Frosting recipe from the book. It's the first frosting recipe from the book that I would actually eat, though it's still not my favorite.

If you'd like to give it a try, head over to Janet's Blog for the recipe.




6 comments:

Jennifer O'Neal said...

Wow! How did you make the frosting look so smooth? It looks great!

Michelle said...

Wow, that looks AMAZING!!

Rosie said...

pretty! But I'm with your on the flavor of red velvet. All I taste is the food dye. :) But your cake is pretty.

Nicoletta said...

Remind me to not look at your blog when I'm hungry. So much yumminess!

Amanda said...

So, so pretty!

Adam & Ady said...

Your blog always makes my mouth water! :) I LOVE this cake! SOOOO pretty!!!!