Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Bake 52: Strawberry Poke Cake (oops!)

I'm not exactly sure what happened with this week's recipe. Since I didn't make the eclairs last week, I planned on making this week's recipe ahead of time. I checked and re-checked the recipe list before going to the store to get the ingredients. Somehow between then and now either the list changed or my eyes were playing tricks on me, because Strawberry Poke Cake is no longer on the list. Everyone else seems to have made the Pumpkin Sheet Cake, so apparently I'm the only one going crazy here.

On the bright side, the strawberry cake was delicious. You should all try it. I hadn't planned on posting the entire recipe, though, so you can only make it if you have the cook book ; ) One thing to plan for with this recipe is how long the cooling and chilling processes is. 2 hours to cool, then 3 more to chill. Mine only chilled for 1 hour, because I couldn't wait to eat it.

The strawberry puree on top is DELICIOUS. I licked the bowl clean after pouring it on the cake. Yum. Since it's made with frozen strawberries, it's an easy way to have a summery treat in the middle of winter.

Betsy hosted the Pumpkin Sheet Cake this week, so you can find the recipe on her blog.  It looks really good from what I've seen, and I look forward to making it one of these days.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

This is awesome! Haha. So it was scheduled for 11/14 but she decided to move to the other group so I took it/her off the list. It must have just spoken to you. :) It sounds like it shouldn't be missed! I will definitely have to try it sometime.

Audrey Crisp said...

How funny! Looks delicious!

SydneyMin said...

That looks delicious! So sorry again about last night! Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow :)

Adam & Ady said...

I can't even look at your blog. I think I gain 10 lbs every time I look since I want to eat everything you make. Can't you just come to Vegas and live with me so I can eat it too??? :)

And what kind of camera and new lens did Nick get? His pictures are awesome!