Wednesday, October 3, 2012

September in a Nutshell

Those of you who have been following my blog might be wondering why this post is not a Bake 52 recipe, since that's pretty much all I've been posting lately. Well, this week Jenn chose eclairs as the recipe. I opted to use one of my three "passes" this week because the only thing I like about eclairs are the chocolate glaze. The amount of work that goes into them just didn't seem worth it to me. However, if you do like eclairs, and want to see the recipe anyway, head over to Jenn's Kitchen!

Life hasn't been exciting enough to warrant blog posts recently, but I figured I was overdue for a blurb about what we're up to these days.

Em
  • Asked for a release after 2 years of working in the Temple twice a week. It was a tough decision, but it's time to move on.
  • Watching 2 kids after school 3 days a week.
  • Sewing group is back up and running after the summer break.
  • Joining a gym to try getting fit again.
  • Splits with the sister missionaries & teaching Sunday School/Relief Society lessons.
  • Still trying to finish the big wardrobe project. Yes, the one we started back in JULY. 
  • Trying to go to bed and wake up earlier (not doing so well yet).
  • Sorting through Christmas albums to create this year's Christmas Music Mix.
Not sure what my face is doing, but I was getting started on anchoring the wardrobes to the wall.
Nick
  • Working.
  • Working.
  • Worked like crazy during September to fulfill his hours before the billable year ended.
  • Taking pictures of bugs.
  • Taking pictures of fog.
  • Taking pictures of sunrises.
  • Taking pictures of flowers.
  • Talking pictures of people for our area's Day of Service.
  • Teaching Sunday School lessons.
  • As you can see, his life doesn't have a whole lot of variety these days.
     



Daphne
  • Shedding.
  • Being cute.
  • Eating A LOT.
  • Drinking A LOT.
  • Making messes.
  • Snuggling with Angry Bird (after nibbling off his ears).

4 comments:

SydneyMin said...

Very nice update! Glad you are all doing so well. I'm sure it was tough to decide to not work at the temple any longer, but it sounds like you made a good decision.

Eeva said...

LOL, I love this post! And I think that picture of you is so very very awesome! :)

Wendi said...

That was cute! Love the picture with the tool!

Audrey Crisp said...

I wanna see your house! Looks like you guys have kept busy!!!: )