Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Bake 52: Southern Style Skillet Cornbread

This week's recipe was hosted by Jen C. and the recipe can be found on her blog. Cornbread is one of my favorites, but I have yet to find a recipe that really captures the flavors I like in cornbread - the opposite of Jen, being a Utah girl myself :) In looking at the ingredients of this version, I noticed that it did not have any sugar at all. That helped me have realistic expectations. It was not something I was going to be eating a whole pan of alone, but might be a good companion to a dinner that could carry the flavor portion of the meal.
It was fast and okay, but probably not something I would make again unless I need something quick.

2 comments:

SydneyMin said...

I think it is tough to find a real good cornbread that is quick and easy and doesn't dry out, and that doesn't taste like cake :)

Amanda said...

I think you have to be a true Southerner to appreciate this recipe. Or that's my guess anyway, I wouldn't know. It looks great though!