Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Bake 52: Cinnamon Swirl Bread

Rebekah hosted this week's recipe. You can find all the details from her HERE.

I thought it might be nice to have two loaves of this bread either to gift one, or to freeze one for later. So, I doubled the recipe. I also didn't have whole milk, so I used low fat. Plus I ran out of all-purpose flour so I used 3 cups all-purpose and 4 cups wheat flour. 

My loaves didn't turn out quite as pretty as most of the others I've seen. They were a little higher on one side because I rolled both loaves at one time and just sliced it down the middle. I'm not sure why they split in places, though. Perhaps I let them rise too long the second time? Although I went with the shortest rise time in the recipe, I didn't keep an eye on them.

No matter how they look, they taste fabulous! They were easy to make. The dough was easy to handle and the flavor is yummy. So far so good with the swirl staying together. I'll see once they fully cool if it starts to separate a bit.




4 comments:

Valerie said...

I bet the wheat flour made it really good. I will have to try that next time.

Amanda said...

The bread looks amazing! I love the shot of the inside. Glad to know the wheat flour worked. Probably makes it a little healthier, right?

Ranger Tiff said...

You should open a BAKERY!!! I would buy all of the food that you make :)

Katie Parent said...

Wow I am really impressed. Looks delicious