Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Bake 52: Classic Pancakes

I need a re-do with this recipe. It seems like it's the most simple of recipes that I mess up on. I didn't have buttermilk, so I used the cheater method with lemon juice. However, it was not room temperature, so when I added the melted, cooled butter, it got all clumpy. I had to fish out the clumps and re-melt them. Not pretty. 

My assessment of the recipe is that it had a good flavor, but they did not fluff as much as I thought they would. Perhaps next time they will be better. And there will be a next time.
Nick was very proud of capturing a picture with the steam. Oooooh...  Ahhhhhh...
 I also tried the berry maple syrup recipe. Yum!
Next time for that I think I'll increase the amount of berries and decrease the amount of syrup. It was a tad too subtle for my berry-loving taste.

Check out Jesse's blog for the recipes.

2 comments:

Mark and Shauna said...

mmm... i love pancakes. they look yummmmmmy. I've only tried making pancakes from scratch once in my life and it was a disaster. If u find an easy, good recipe let me know:0

Amanda said...

I feel the same way sometimes! The stuff that is supposed to be easy is hard for some reason. They still look great!