Thursday, August 12, 2010

KEANE Concert

Several years ago, my friend Barb introduced me to KEANE. I was able to introduce Nick to them, and we always hoped we could make it to one of their concerts someday. .They recently released a new EP, which meant a tour! Nick saw a poster for it on the metro and it was only about 2 weeks away. Perfect timing.
It was at the MERRIWEATHER POST PAVILLION, which is only 30 minutes from us. It is an outdoor location, so it was pretty warm still, but the rain let up just in time for the show.
The drummer of the band blogs about their tours and takes a picture of the audience at each venue. Here is his photo from our concert. You should be able to click it to see it bigger.
The opening acts were also really great. The first was FRAN HEALY from the band Travis. He's from Scotland, so it was fun to hear him talk between songs. Next up was INGRID MICHAELSON. She is quirky and really fun to hear live.

I love bands that sound just as good, if not better, live, and Keane is definitely one of those (the video below doesn't quite capture their true sound). They packed the concert with as much music as possible, and it was all very high energy. Here is a You Tube posted song from our concert. I actually think this was taken by the girl sitting next to us because it is the same view we had. We're pretty sure that Nick is the one "OOH!" that wasn't exactly on cue :)

We definitely hope to see them again when they come back to the states for their next tour.

9 comments:

Eeva said...

Aaaaah I am JEALOUS! I love Keane! My brother got me listening to it and they are fantastic. He also said that they sounds really good when they play live! That is great that you guys got to go and see them. :)

Audrey Crisp said...

That sounds like a lot of fun! I love Ingrid Michaelson! Fun video they sound good!

NatPalmer said...

Looks like fun! I love Keane. :)

Barbaloot said...

I'm jealous you got to see Ingrid as well! Did she sing Morning Lullabies?

I do remember that Keane was amazing live. Glad you go to have fun with Nick. Sorry about the pictures!

Tammy said...

Looks like you two are having so much fun!

SydneyMin said...

Fun! I can totally see you guys in the pic the drummer took when I made it big. How fun! Do they say the name of the band KEEN or CANE? I've seen that words said both ways... Nice date night, guys!

cbleeflang said...

I've never heard of Keane-I'm going to have to find some of his music. Thanks for reading my blog about the house. We live in SLC in the East Millcreek area-fyi.

Mark and Shauna said...

How fun! I've never heard of them... I'll have to listen to more of their songs!

Wendi said...

Now I want to see Toy Story 3 and eat Crepes in Chinatown...