Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving Fun!!!

Nick and I had a wonderful Thanksgiving! On Tuesday we got to see Dallan in his school's Thanksgiving program. Even though we couldn't understand half of what the kids were saying, they were so cute and we're glad Dallan invited us to watch him. He has also been dying to have us watch Kung Fu Panda with him, so after the show we got pizza and watched the movie together.


Of course, several of the kids were shouting out their lines and Dallan covered his ears half the time because they were so loud!

The three of us after the show. Doesn't he look handsome in that vest!

Nick and I bought pumpkins to carve for Halloween this year, but never carved them. I decided to use them to make some flower arrangements for Thanksgiving. Nick spent most of the day shut in a room studying and writing a paper for school, but did manage to make it out now and then to play with Dallan. I also stayed up until 3 a.m. working on a baby quilt I want to get made by the end of the year.


Dallan finding a hole and filling it with a flower.


The finished arrangements.

The quilt.

Nick and Dallan playing Kung Fu Panda (Nick is Po, hence the extra padding!)

For Thanksgiving, we went to my sister's house. She made a beautiful turkey and we ate way too much. It was so much fun to play with the kids and visit with everyone. Thanks again, Jenn, for having us!


Nick and Ryan playing together.

Emmy showing Nick Jack the bird.

Some crazy guy mashing potatoes.

Carving (or ripping apart) the turkey!

Our wonderful cooks.

The whole gang around the table.

Owen & Auntie Em

Owen wanted to take a picture of Grandpa all by himself. Not bad for a 21 month old!
Grandpa's being silly as usual :)

Ryan wanted a picture with us sticking our tongues out.

I wanted one with us smiling!

Ryan's turn to take a picture of Dedee eating her pie.

Nick and the twinsies.

8 comments:

Mark and Shauna said...

Looks like you guys had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Your quilt and flower arrangements are BEAUTIFUL- one of these days you are going to have to teach me how to do that. By the way, you look absolultely gorgeous Emily!!

SydneyMin said...

I love the baby quilt and the flowers. And your hair really is so cute! Looks like you guys had a great time :)

Alison said...

It looks like you had a fun Thanksgiving. I'm sure that Dallen loved having you come and watch him. I loved the flower arrangements.

Audrey Crisp said...

Good times!!! I love your new haircut! So fun! You look so much like your mom! It looks like you had a good dinner. And a fun thanksgiving!!!

Barbaloot said...

I'm loving the Po stuffing:)
And also-in answer to your question, the whole chocolate/pb break-up is not for forever. I'm not sure how long---but think maybe I'll turn it into a Lent thing and end then. Who knows?

whitneys said...

what a fun thanksgiving!!! i can't believe how big jenn's kids are getting! Happy Holidays!

Encore Dance said...

The Flowers and quilt are so great and you look HOT!!! Happy Thanksgiving!

The 3 Nomads said...

I LOVE your quilt. I didn't know you were a quilter, although I'm not at all surprised. I've just started and I love it. When you move closer we'll have to have a quilting party :) I'm way impressed with your flower arranging ability. You are just TOO impressive :) Great shot of Nick with the preggo belly.